04 Jun Wiri Wiri Restaurant…
Whilst visiting Paris for the day, my husband and I wanted to try something different, so a quick Google search brought up Wiri Wiri
The menu at Wiri Wiri features a wide variety of Senegalese dishes, including thieboudienne, Yassa chicken, mafé, and larb. The restaurant also has a full bar and offers a variety of Senegalese wines and beers.
The atmosphere at Wiri Wiri was quiet, and the service was warm and inviting. The decor was slightly dark but had strategic lighting in places to highlight the wall art The restaurant has a casual dining area, and it’s a popular spot for take-out and delivery.
The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about their cuisine; we only saw one member of staff during the lunchtime period , and she was happy to help us with recommendations.
Here are some of the dishes that you can try at Wiri Wiri:
- Thieboudienne (rice with fish and vegetables)
- Yassa chicken (chicken marinated in lemon and tomatoes)
- Mafé (stew made with peanut butter, meat, and vegetables)
- Larb (spicy minced meat salad)
- Mbouguene (fried plantains)
- Yassa gombo (okra stew with shrimp)
- Soupe kandja (peanut soup)
- Djolof rice (rice with beef and tomatoes)
- Fufu (pounded plantains or cassava)
- Attaya (hot tea)
We tried the local Jollof rice as my husband wanted to compare his traditional rice to theirs and the Yassa Chicken.
Pop in if in Paris
Until da next Tyme